Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Thought for Food


You say I am fat, but you are surely mistaken, These are food souvenirs from the times of fun and glee. All the cheese, chocolate, soda and bacon, Saved like memories in a diary, in my arms, thighs and belly. I know I cant hold on to the time, so I hold on to that time’s food, Engraved tattoos of reminiscence, now they define me, Little vague for some, and for some little understood, I have saved them all, all in loving memory. The protrude of my hips, is from the chineese noodles from my college canteen And my bulky arms save the French fries I had on my first date in McD The countless popcorn and pepsi I had with every movie that I have seen Are the reason for the increasing width of my legs above my knee, And even though the engagement ring gets tighter every day, My swollen fingers embrace the fancy dinners with my husband and family And my favourite fast food, pani poori, pav bhaji and chole Lie right beside my smile, even if my bloated cheeks make me look funny. So I guess, you now stand corrected, that I am in fact not overweight, Just overflowing with love that cant be contained just within my heart only Encompassing the spirit throughout, I am sentimental, romantic and passionate, Anything and everything else, other than being bulky fat or portly

No comments: