Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Misplaced Heart


My heart is the tamed cattle of the farm, Reared and domesticated for ages. Lulled to monotony, while it grazes unarmed, Supposedly free yet bound by invisible cages. It is bred and milked till the time it could, The comfort provided is only a barter for its worth, As long as it reaps, it stays half-alive for good, Until one day it is slaughtered down to dirt. But your memories take my half-dead heart to the wild, Strolling with uncertainty on which its life hangs, Not knowing when you would spring up from behind, Attack and tear it down, as per your moody hunger pangs. I don’t know which is worse and which better, Being unpredictably hunted or being perennially tamed, The fate of heart decided by those, to whom it doesn’t matter, Only because it lies lower to them in the food chain. But if given an option, I would choose the woods that keep the wilderness lush, Where atleast for a while, with no boundaries I could freely stray, For one is most alive, fighting for survival with an adrenaline rush And if my heart is nimble enough, it could escape and run away.

No comments: