Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tailor Made Love


You must know that I am hard to please when it comes to love. I wont be happy with a one-size-fits all kind of love, I seek a tailor-made exclusive outfit for myself. I am a piece of velvet, which when you stroke the right way is smooth to touch, but if you brush the other way, you would only find me rough. I come in not one colour, but a myriad of colours- bits of hyperactive jumpy orange, disproportionate reds of uncontrollable love and passion, spread across a massive purple of dreams and ambitions, greens of laziness and self doubt, lovely pinks of innocent candid memories, blues of brokenness and even browns of being aloof and heartless at times. When you choose the fabric print, I wont go with the polka dots of compliments regularly spaced in a background of fancy dinners, or the typical stripes of small talks about day to day life, or even the checkered confinement of your taking charge of my well-being and safety, I want the pattern to be haphazard and random, where you let me experiment with different designs of experiences, relationships and emotions. Dont make it too well-fitting, because it may jut out the flab of insecurities I want to hide and might also suffocate me- let it have enough room to accommodate my need to be alone at times. Remember to keep it padded to cover my fears, give it deep pockets on both sides, where I could stuff all my secrets, dreams and desires and also run a zip on one side of the dress, which would take time and effort to open my bare skin of incessant talks. You would also need to finely darn some holes from the tattered past. If you choose to keep the sleeves, remember that I tend to carry my heart out there. Stitch it all together with the thread of your love and involvement and carefully embroider the word love right in the centre for the world to see, but again, not in the mechanized font type but in your own handwriting of care. Add little shiny sequins of happy-sad moments of your life and embellish me with your thoughts and memories. And in the end, tuck it all with a practical belt which has enough holes to keep space for uncertainties. I promise to you, I wont keep it locked up in my wardrobe only to wear for a special occasion, I would wear it every day, day in and day out, so much that it would become my second skin and it will be next to impossible to strip me off from the layer of you and the comfort you clothe me in.

No comments: