Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My SUPER-mornings!!

Hmm… today I am in that bloggy-bloggy mood.. actually there were so many things I wanted to write about since soooo many days but hardly got any time for it. and now that my sister’s wedding is over (amazzzzing wedding – to be discussed in the next post) I managed some time alone!!! Ahh.. finally!!
NOTE: I had written this long ago and had saved it in my drafts, so you might find some of the news stale....
So here I am again with some memories of mine which I wanted to share. This post is going to be about my morning routine and how it was altered with changes in my life! Well I find it interesting enough to be written about. And anyways only my sisters read this blog (repeating this!! Tears!!) and I know they would definitely find it amusing!
So here I go.

My mornings during school:

6.30-6.45/6.50: you would have found my mom shouting at the top of her voice in an attempt to wake me up… gayu, gutchu, gutchu rani, endru!!! And then she will keep updating my sleepy mind with the time.
6.50-6.55: I would lazily open 1mm of my eyes and look at the watch. Then shout, “mummy bas last 2minutes! I will get up naa”.
6.55-7.00: realize that it is now too late. Get up immediately and without even looking anywhere else rush to the bathroom to take bath.
7.15: come out of the bathroom and quickly go to the wash-basin and brush my teeth (I know I know, please don’t raise your eyebrows. I used to brush my teeth after bathing)
7.15-7.20: in these 5minutes I don’t know how but used to miraculously do hundred billion things. hunt for my shoes, socks and dupatta(and wear them), comb my hair, pack my bag, drink milk.
7.20-7.25: hurriedly leave the house hoping desperately to not have missed the bus again.
7.25-8.00: if lucky, I would get to the bus stop just in time to catch the bus or otherwise go back home, tell my mom that I have missed my bus, wait for her to get ready to drop me off to my school which was in the other end of the city.

And yes. 6.45-7.25: with so much to do in such insufficient time, I would somehow manage to yell at my mom for every reason I could! Sorry naaa momma for that! It was one such day when I was extremely late for school (it was 7.25 already and I was still home), that I told my mom (rudely :( ) that I don’t have enough time to drink milk. My sister half-sleeping heard that and got very angry at me (first of all for being rude to momma and secondly for not drinking milk). So she came to me and ordered me to drink milk before going. I was infuriated because she wasn’t understanding that I was getting late for school and would eventually miss the bus if I stopped there anymore. In all the quarrel my sister got so angry that she threw all the milk on me as I was darting down. All my hair were a mess and with big tears rolling down my eyes, I went up and washed it quickly with just water. I didn’t even try going to the bus stand, knowing well that the bus would have gone for sure. So mom dropped me to school and till then my hair had dried and unfortunately the milk had not properly been washed, making my hair all sticky! Curious people asked me the reason for it and I said that I spilled some milk while drinking as I was getting late, leaving them in wild imagination of how I could spill milk on my head! It was only wise to let them) wonder how in the world do I drink milk?!?


My mornings in Manipal (first semester):

7.30- my first alarm goes off until Ruhi switches it off. Me, sound asleep would not even move a centimeter.
7.30-7.35-7.40-7.45-7.50-7.55-8.00 : series of my timed alarm start pestering Ruhi until she finally decides to wake up.
8.00: Ruhi tries waking me up, but I brush her off asking her to take a bath and saying I would get up by then.
8.25-8.30: ruhi enters the room after bathing only to find me still asleep. I look at her with sleepy eyes and startled get up immediately. Quickly rush to the bathroom with a bucket filled with tooth-paste, toothbrush, soap, rin and my dress.
8.45-8.50: hurry back to the room and quickly comb my hair and wear sandals. Till then, Ruhi would have left for the mess.
8.50: I enter the mess to find Ruhi ready with a plate of breakfast for me. I grab the two pieces of toast and start walking towards the college.
9.05: enter the college late by just 5minutes!

NOTE: the roles often inter-changed between Ruhi and me. So the rule was, whoever got ready first would leave for the mess and prepare breakfast for both.


My mornings in Germany:

(on days when we had a lecture at 9.00) 8.25: Vikarn would come upstairs and knock at Aparna’s and my door. Aparna would lazily open the door and Vikarn would come inside (already dressed up), look around and tell us that it is already 8.25 and we should get ready in 5minutes.
8.30: me and Aparna would slowly get out of our beds, decide that it is too late to take a bath now, so just go up, brush our teeth and change our night dresses.
8.35: we climb down the stairs, all ready with our hair combed! Naim and Vikarn would be there waiting for us, royally eating breakfast or in Naim’s case, maybe playing guitar. We would leave the house together.
8.40-8.45: Catch tram no.4 going towards borgfeld/falkenberg or sometimes to horn-lehe.
8.50-8.55: Get down at station “Wilhelm-Kaisen-Brucke” and proceed to our college!

Well, that is all. I still have to come up with a routine for my third semester. I will surely update you all once I get a regulat routine there.

5 comments:

Vidya said...

Hey, in your morning schedule u forgot to mention how Amma would keep almost everything ready for you including paste on the toothbrush!!u were utterly spoilt!!So,no wonder u got dressed to go catch the bus in 5 minutes...

Kush said...

wah...ye dooodh uma ne faika tha???

BiBinhio said...

i love the way u write...
2 make a topic like this interseting 2 read is quite a talent...
i guess frm now on u'll have 1 more reader of ur blog...and tat 2 sme1 who's not family...

LVI said...

Kush, Uma ne nahi, maine feka tha doodh... Now you know where Uma gets her temper from... Gayu, Sorry about that episode... and you forgot to mention that you needed a glass of bed-milk to get up, and had to finish all your bathroom songs before you bath was over...

LVI said...

Actually forgot to mention our present schedule... The earliest we all get up for Adarsh's 08:08 school bus is 07:45, and then it is a scramble for all of us... the latest we have woken up is 08:00, and he managed to catch the school bus, ha ha...