Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ME AGAIN!!

Hey!!!! Smiles, smiles and lots of smiles!!
Don’t know why I wrote this, just felt like! Life is such a great thing, and I truly treasure mine!!!!
Umm… seriously, as I always say, I am very lucky to be me! No particular reason for that statement…
Hmm… today I met one of our directors from brainsmiths and felt so glad after seeing him. He himself called out to me. Then surprisingly enquired whether I had been outside India for the past 4months. I nodded yes and immediately asked him how he got to know about it (obvious curiosity). For which he said that he had been reading my blog and from there got to know my whereabouts. I was so pleased to know that and am soo glad that more than handfuls read my blog and are genuinely interested to know about me! Well, that reminds me to thank Denish anna and Shivu anna for reading my blog and also commenting on my posts. Thanks everybody. For me, this is a great accomplishment.

Apart from that, I am finally having fun in Indore and am very pleased to see Indore in its original form. Met many of my friends in the two days I have been here or at least talked to them on phone. I arrived late in the evening day before yesterday so had time just to meet Simran and Ruhi (because they live nearby). But yesterday met Sanjana, Niyati and Abhishek! And today am going to meet Sonal and Vairali. And tomorrow Mayank, Amrit, Divya and Apoorva are lined up! It is so much fun to be here and to realize that so many people are eager to meet you since so long with so many stories waiting to be told! It feels wonderful to know that there are people who actually miss your presence and feel incomplete without telling you what’s been going in their life!

Hmm… just remembered that I had forgotten to mention some names in my thank you list. First of all, Rathi family who were the best neighbours in my lifetime. I feel so ashamed to have not mentioned them in my list. How could I have forgotten their names when I had even mentioned the silliest people in the world. Anyways, I really had a nice time with Kriti when she was a baby. I liked pampering her and acting to be her caretaker.
Hmm… apart from them, Zarin didi for spending some wonderful time with me even though you were Vidya akka’s friend. Ankita, for being a distant but supportive friend always.


Other than that what need to be told (need not be told if you meet me in person, because is pretty noticeable) is that I have become double the size I was three months earlier. Not a big feat though (hey don’t be suspicious I am not gaining weight because of any other reasons than food!!! I just re-read what I had written and the way I had specified 3moths was hilarious!). however I am not very body-conscious till now, still people embarrass me all the time frequently mentioning that I might have gained at least 5-10kgs. Some try putting the same thing with a flattering phrase saying, “pehle se achhi ho gayi hai!” but trust me it feels no better to hear that either. What really bugs me is that none of my clothes fit me anymore and now I am somehow managing with my sister’s old outfits. Today I got tired of wearing faded worn-out clothes so went out alone and shopped a little. Even that didn’t help much. It was frustrating to buy a bigger size than usual and then find myself at least 3-4 inches fatter whenever I surveyed myself in the mirror after putting on a new outfit! Ahh… no big deal. I will get used to this or to put it properly people will get used to see me like this because I am (like always) very comfortable under my skin! So no rona-dhona from my side!
Hahaha… this can easily be suitable for a would-be-momma to write.. everything written is so appropriate for it. Anyways don’t worry, long time before that happens!!

And yes, we are (again) shifting! And this time it is me who has to manage everything and take care that everything is transferred properly and then arrange everything there. So am quite busy for the next few days!
nothing else for now.. have to rush home... byeee!!

1 comment:

Denish said...

There was a symposium at Harvard last month on the Genetics of Obesity: http://nutrition.med.harvard.edu/education/edu_nut_symp10.html

I was reminded of it, when I read about your gaining weight, and also because ram and i have been recently talking about our family's contribution (i.e. genetics) to our current weights. Fat has been made a villain but, truth be told, it is a sedentary lifestyle that leads to an energy imbalance, which in turn leads to weight gain! And the younger you are, the easier it is to regain that balance! I would not worry about that too much :)
Shivu's big day went well. He will tell you more about it!