Friday, July 11, 2008

MY JOURNEY BACK TO INDIA!

Hey people!!!
Hii.. long time since I posted anything!!!! But seriously I really had no time at all to write anything though million of thoughts kept running in my mind which I wanted to write about. Hmm… first of all I am back from Germany and surprisingly missing it a lot! Ahh… !!! Maybe one of the reasons could be that I had nothing much to do there but here because of my sister’s wedding had to run around a lot! Hmm… wow! My sister’s wedding. Well I have much to write about it so I will write a separate post for it!
So, I mentioned that I have been missing Germany since I came back. Actually nothing much but it is just that I still keep converting Ruppees into Euros and Euros into Rupees, going back three and a half hours whenever I look at the watch. Now that I am back in india I don’t have to wash the plates after my meals but whenever I put my dirty plates in the wash basin I feel extremely uncomfortable to not wash it myself. But the funniest incident was a couple if days ago when I was walking on the road, apparently lost. And then, I look up to glance at the Punjab National Bank in the corner. As soon as I looked at it, I bounced excitedly, shouting, “Wow! Dekho yaha bhi Punjab National Bank hai” , much to everybody’s amusement. Then Deepti Didi mused that “ Yes! Punjab National Bank sirf Punjab mein nahi hai par throughout India hai. Hmm.. Actually I was so lost in my thoughts that when I looked at Punjab National Bank, I still had in mind that I was in Germany and got excited to see an Indian bank’s branch there. !!! hehe… well inertia of mind I suppose! And considering the big fat mind I have, it will take some time to move on.
Well... as soon as I landed in India I had a really tough time. Actually I had a connecting flight to Indore in 2hours after I landed in Mumbai. And in that little time, I had to get down from the plane, clear the immigration jhanjhat, collect my luggage (which took quite some time), and then take a taxi to the domestic airport. And seriously the mumbaiya people made it almost impossible for me to get there on time. Unfortunately I was seated very far from the exit, so even getting out of the airplane took 15minutes. Plus I had a heavy guitar bag, a heavier hand-luggage and a handbag which made me halt in every 10steps I took. So limping all my way to the immigration office with the three luggages (and yes two jackets which refused to fit in my bags) I waited for another 15minutes for my turn to come (there was a long long queue ahead). Then I hurried to collect my another 25kg bag (which unluckily was boarded early in the flight so came late). So then I wanted to rush out of the international airport as soon as possible. But then, the next bus to the domestic airport was after 30minutes so I had to take a prepaid taxi. Being a careless girl, I just had 40rs as Indian currency, rest all in euros. And the prepaid raxi counter refused to take a credit card. So then I had to hurry and exchange some euros for rupees go back to the counter (my luggage was still a major problem and consumed more of my time than needed) took a taxi and hurried outside. 7.40 already and my flight was at 8.30am.
I spotted my taxi and asked him to take me to the domestic airport at the earliest to which he said it will at least take 30minutes to reach there!!!! OMG!!!! By then it would be 8.10 and the check in would have stopped. Still I told him to take me to the airport (afterall I had paid for it) while I weeped miserably in the back seat. Reached there at 7.50!!!! thank you jee bhaiya! Hurried to the check in for kingfisher-deccan airways and (well. I forgot to mention one thing. I could have taken the connecting bus from international airport to the domestic one but I had misplaced my flight tickets. And they don’t let you get inside unless you show them a ticket of a national flight. So I had gone to the kingfisher office there to get another print-out of my ticket but ha, there was an extremely dumb lady sitting at the counter who knew nothing about getting things done. So I was stuck with her for nearly 20minutes before she told me that she wasn’t able to trace my ticket details. Furious with my luck, I took the taxi).
Hmm… so, I reached the airport, hurried to the kingfisher-deccan airways counter, got my ticket print out done and hurried inside to check in my luggage! Not the end of the story dear readers (Readers!!! Hahaha… only my sisters read my blog, and two of them already know the story, so this one is exclusively for you u V akka!!!!) since I had an international flight prior to it, my luggage weight exceeded the amount of weight I could carry in national flights. But usually if you show them an international floght ticket, they don’t chare you for the additional baggage. But the lady charged me 1200rs for the excess weight! 1200rs (20eu!!).. I was determined not to pay that amount of money (because I didn’t have that much). I just had (hehehehe sheepish smile) 250rs. So I told the lady that I wasn’t carrying 1200rs but only 600rs.(I wasn’t lying, I thought I had 600rs) so she asked me to pay at least 600rs. (time: 7.55-8.05). I quickly opened my wallet to see only 250rs there. She was agitated when I told her that I had just 250rs but I quickly offered to pay 600rs by credit card! So she said if I am paying by credit card then I should be paying 1200rs. Whatever! Just let me get into the flight now. I am too tired to argue. I went to pay at a separate counter with my credit card and luckily the credit card machine wasn’t working. Though at that moment I thought it to be the worst thing to happen and started crying not knowing what else to do. (uaaaa uaa uaaa, I will be missing my flight now!!!) but finally the other lady, seeing me cry just charged me 200rs and told me to keep atleast 50rs for later use. Aha! I was finally not going to miss the flight. I went to the security check in and there the lady suspected my guitar bag and asked me to open it. I opened it as fast as I could (time: 8.10- 8.15 I suppose) and assured her that there was nothing illegal inside. Still hahaha she wanted to break open the guitar for confirmation!!! Zaroor se!! no problem at all.. after all it wasn’t my guitar!!! even though I always said that I will give back the guitar in pieces ti naim, I didn’t mean it. I was responsible to take it back properly. Hmm… whatever. I stared scarily at that lady forcing her to let me go with no more problems. Finally boarded the flight and and and rrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaccccchhhhhheeeeeeeeedddddd INDORE!!!! Indore indore indore!!!! My love indore!!!!
NEXT POST coz I have something really important to say!

1 comment:

Denish said...

Not just for V akka. you have more readers than that!