Friday, July 11, 2008

my little dictionary!!

Hmm… so here let em introduce you all to my selected vocabulary of strange and unique words which you would frequently notice me saying.
• Hmmm : well this a perfect word when you have no opinion of yours or when you need more time to think about something. Can be used in different tones to convey different meanings. Also used when a person is lost dreamily in his or her own world. Even can be used to show anger in a very suppressed way (like my sisters used this word –hmm veryt firmly-to scold me in front of their friends.)
• Uff : a great word which can be used in times when something does not go the way you wanted or to deal with an unpleasant surprise!
• Ajeeb: when you are at a loss of words to describe a feeling or an object, this word comes for your rescue. When cornered and asked what is wrong, look around blankly and say kuch toh ajeeb hai and that is all.
• Hadhh hai: literal translation would mean crossing of limits. No more to be said about this word.
• Patahe: an ideal word to develop listener’s interest in what you are saying and making your talk spound very interesting and worth listening. Can be used before the beginning of a story or a tale.
• Ahhhh: can be used in different tones to express different feelings. Best used for expressing pain and irritation.
• Aha: just an addition ‘a’ and now the word can be used to expess interest or liking for an object.
• Naaa...: used to underline the word prior to it and to pressurize it. example: theek hai naaaa….
• Baba: again used for the same reason as the word above. Can also be used with naaa… example: theek hai naaaaa baba… note: this word can be interpreted by others as losing of patience.
• Areee yaar!!: this can be a typical indore word used in every other sentence! Kya yaar, aree yaar…
• Buddhu: usually used to refer the other person as dumb but can also be used (as I usually do) when there is excess flow of love! (when I am in extreme lovey-dovey mood I say,” buddhu dhor* dhakkan! Use toh naaa pakkad ke maaro!!) I know it sounds scary but those who know me very well are used to hearing this line.
• Waise: cant find proper words to describe this one. Hmmm…. Aree yaar! Uff!!! Haadh hai…. I am not explaining now.. khud samjh jao naaaa baba….
• Kuch bhi!!: can be generously used (two three times back to back)when you want to cut out other person’s talk if you find it pointless or irrelevant!
• Chotu baaaabbbby : (the word baby to be stretched in a high pitched voice till your throat aches): when you find somebody extremely cute or innocent. Can be followed by chunnu-munnu-jigli-migli-tikli-pikli-chona-mona-bimbili………………-baaaaaabbbbbby!!!
• Kuch nahi!: when you aren’t in the mood to talk, you can easily put an end to the conversation by saying this word for every question asked!
• Patanahi: can be used instead of patanahi, in relation to the context. Patanahi sounds more innocent than the previous word.
• Besharam: can be used to embarrass the other person. I know it sounds a little rude, but again if you know me well, you would not be offended.
• Batameezi: can be used in a sentence like, “ kyaaaa (stretched in high pitched voice) batameezi hai??? I use it with my friends when I am a little irritated in a fun way, (not much irritated-when I am extremely irritated I harldy open my mouth).

Okay. That is all I can remember now. I might edit this one, if I remember any other words which I liberally use!!!




* learnt this word from apoorva!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.