Tuesday, August 5, 2008

MY DAY TODAY.. crappy day!

NOTE: I dont have a laptop and ofcourse no internet so it is actually difficult for me to publish my posts on time. So this was the post I wrote yesterday afternoon but only got time now to publish it. Anyways, here it is.
It is just 1.30pm and I am already bugged by the day, can say that didn’t have a very nice day. First of all, woke up early which itself was a huge task as far as I am concerned. Then had three continuous lectures from 9.00am till 12.30, quite a rare occasion in MIC. First had French, wherein I knew nothing and cursed myself all the time for opting for it instead of deutsch (though even now I am very adamant to learn French somehow!). Anyways next had magazine journalism which was interesting but because I was seated far away I wasn’t able to hear the teacher properly.
Anyways here comes the main reason for telling you all of this. After these two lectures we had visual communication wherein the teacher was telling us something about adding photos to text-heavy stuff to keep the audience entertained and ironically had kept his power-point presentation completely blank with billion words in each slide. It was such a contradiction to what he was saying because he kept on saying that it was essential to use graphics and images for a good presentation and on the other hand had made his presentation so dull. To add to my frustration, he ignited the spark for useless argument in our super-excited class. He, in the end of his presentation, for a relief had a picture of a car advertisement showing the back profile of a lady and explained that sometimes people use opposite sex to attract customers. And that was it. Pointless arguments followed. People protested that it is not fair to use women in such indecent ways. Women are imaged unfairly and it went on for more than 15minutes. Hello people! We are not discussing whether it is fair or not, we are discussing facts and he is just letting us know a simple marketing strategy which targets male-psychology. We cannot stop men ogling at girls. It is a feeling yaar! It is the same way you cannot make girls to not think everything emotionally and then cry at every single thing. Ok! I am over-generalizing but what the heck! Some people don’t take facts as they are. I hate the arguments in our class, they lead nowhere. What is the point in raising your voice at some professor who is not even responsible for such ads, who is simply doing his job by letting us know about the marketing strategies. It wasn’t the time and the proper stage for female-emancipation cause.
Whatever! Anyways, I was walking back with Aheli to the hostel and she was all the time walking in the middle of the road while I pulled her back to the side. As it is, she has had many accidents in the past and I was in no mood to witness an accident. But as I pulled her back, I reconsidered that it wouldn’t be bad after all, if she gets hit by a truck. The reason was she was carrying her laptop and I mused that if she gets hit I would atleast take her laptop and run away, leaving her dying. And with nothing silly to occupy my mind, I pictured the whole scene. And it goes like this.
A truck hits Aheli and she seriously hurt, bleeding somehow manages to blurt out the syllable “pa-pa” expecting me to understand that she wants water (pani) and then me eying the laptop say, “haan aheli! Yes! What is the PA-ssword of your notebook. (for those who didn’t understand the joke, when she would be dying she would want some water and would be unable to say the word so would say only pa-pa instead of pani. And then I come into picture, greeding the laptop, ask her its password in her last breaths! And both pani and password begin with pa so the joke finds its humour there.) hmm.. I know I spoilt the joke by explaining but somehow I don’t feel satisfied without doing so.
and then the following conversation with Aheli was her telling me disbelievingly that her room-mate told her stories about ghosts in 1st block hostel. Ha! Anyways we both were laughing our heads off while she explained how Priyanka told her that a girl had committed suicide in 1st block and many times her spirit was to be seen there (and something that you shouldn’t directly look into her face)and akkas of that hostel check her presence by seeing her reflection in the mirror. All was going well until she incredulously said how can akkas see her reflection in the mirror, “bhoots” form no image in the mirror. Lets be practical and talk science! I might have almost coughed or skipped a step or two! Ha! I thought she was also laughing at the same reason as I was, which was that her room-mate believes ghosts existed. And here she is, laughing at the only point that akkas saw its reflection in the mirror and asking me to talk science! She wants to talk science and say ghosts existed, plus argue that they cant be reflected. Whatever!

No comments: