Sunday, August 10, 2008

THEORY OF KIDS!

Well… I love blogging. Thank god that I don’t have regular access to the internet or else I would have been glued to my blog. All the time, as soon as any idea comes in my mind I consider blogging about it. And when too many thoughts get clogged in my mind, I come to the lab and type them down. So here I am again, posting not just one but many posts in a single day.
Well, NEWS-time. I have made another new interesting decision for my future!
Here it is: hmm... I have decided that till my children turn 12 or something, I will not teach them anything about my religion or even of others. I will let them know nothing, no stories of our Gods and their miraculous feats or even the shlokas or bhajans.
And then when they turn mature, I will teach them of all religions (not just mine or my husband’s), the ideals of each religion and then let them decide for themselves the religion they desire to follow (only if they want to follow one!)
As far as I am concerned, I am not much of a god-believer so it hardly matters for me that they believe in the religion of my forefathers. But still I strongly feel that one’s religion determines one’s identity to a large extent, so it is for every individual to decide on his own, the ideals he wants to follow and hence can not to be imposed. And a religion just being the religion of one’s ancestors is no reason for it to be followed. You should deeply feel those ideals to be ultimate and suitable for following it.
And any questions about my husband’s opinion in this decision?? Well, for now I don’t even have a clue about who he is going to be, so how can I consider his opinions? And anyways, I would want to marry a highly mature person who if is mature should not have any problems with my decision. Why should he? It is not as if I am planning to spoil the future of my kids. It is a wise decision so a wise man should not have any problem with it, right? And anyways, who cares what he thinks!!!! The decision has already been made by the “HEAD” and he has no other option but to concur to it.
Well, that reminds me of the book I was reading before I came to Bangalore, called Ice-candy man by Bapsi Sidhwa. I found it an amazing book which is extremely well-written with witty humour. It deals with the riots in Lahore prior to the 1947 split. I was totally glum while reading the way Sidhwa has pictured the whole story from the eyes of a little girl, Lenny. (by the way she was a handicap).
These fights over religion are so depressing and melancholic. As I have said in one of my earliest posts, the meaning of faith and God gets lost in such petty issues. Nowadays, people follow God, not out of one’s faith but driven by society (line attributed to Vaibhav).
Nothing else worth saying. Let me know what you think of my idea or is it foolish to think like that?

No comments: