Monday, August 11, 2008

Tip-tip barsa pani...!!!

Well today in between a serious discussion our teacher suddenly looked out and asked, "who all want to get drenched in the rain?!?!" and I was completely taken aback by the question as it was totally unexpected from the strict teacher that she is.
Hmm... I think rain melts away everybody's heart. (Especially of film-makers who by default put atleast one rain-scene in their films. Indian cinema is incomplete without rains.) ahh.. Everybody’s but mine. Though I seriously wanted to get out and drench myself (which I did later), still I personally have never liked rain. it makes life so inconvenient and makes such a mess. First of all, you can hardly get out of your house because of it and need to be under shelter all the time or otherwise always carry an extra bag for keeping your umbrella or raincoat. So many plans get cancelled because of it. Then comes the puddles which make our already dirty roads dirtier and bumpier. To add to all of it, there are so many vicious insects and mosquitoes making life more miserable. Plus, if at all you get out without an umbrella, be ready to be wet for the next three hours. Clothes take a lot more time to dry than usual. Everything is such a mess. ahh.... And somehow it is nowhere close to being romantic. Getting wet, having sticky hair doesn’t help at all in making you look good. And whatever you will be wearing will get dirty anyhow, no matter how much you try staying away from the puddles. So dirty dress, sticky hair and being wet doesn’t turn me on at least.
Well, it is not as bad as I have framed it. Hmmm...sitting in the class, I lost touch of the discussion when she made reference to the rain. I was clouded with memories of my childhood when we used to get completely wet in the rains and play, dance and do silly stuff. I remember how we used to make manisha didi play loud music in her room and get wet in her garden. Then how yashi rajat and I used to have competitions for jumping into dirty puddles and how we used to ride our cycles right through the puddles and enjoy seeing the water getting split and making wonderful parabolas each side by our cycles. Even in the bus I loved measuring the depth of water clogged in puddles when our bus went through it, drenching poor passersby. I remember during one of the rains, vidikka and I had danced like crazy and had eaten hot pakoras (though I have no craze of eating pakoras during rains as everybody else). I used to love it when our schools used to get cancelled because of heavy rains (and as I had mentioned earlier I had made my first poem on one such day- ha! the park poem!)

1 comment:

Uma said...

hey... good to see that my stupid criticism didnt deter you from posting (for long).. Loved all the posts as usual... n pleaaaaaasssseeee keep writing.:)