Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WOW!!!! Miss-understanding!!

Ohhk… So this is what happened today in our information society class. Kinda shows how jobless we guys are!
So basically Sreya was waiting for her turn to give her part of presentation and meanwhile Karmanya was meddling around with her phone. He began giving missed calls to everybody in the class, startled quite a few who kept giving Sreya glances, making her twitchy. One of the missed calls receivers was Ami, who had a slight tiff with Sreya recently, so was puzzled as to why she would keep giving her missed calls and that too, right in the middle of her presentation. Since, Sreya giving her missed calls was out of question, she started looking around to know who could possibly be doing it. She spotted Naimul sitting beside her and immediately drew conclusion that Naim was the one who had given her 5 back-to-back missed calls. She then sent Naimul a message to “stop it” only to receive 3more missed calls. She messaged back saying “you suck!” and got a reply from him asking her if her phone was free as he wanted to play games. So, Ami thought Naim didn’t have enough balance in his cell to call her and ask her for the mobile and that’s why was giving missed calls.
To answer the question as to why Naim didn’t find Ami’s message bizarre, here is the story. Naim exactly at the same time had messaged Swati, asking her to switch on her Bluetooth for transferring some pictures and thought Ami wanted that transfer to be stopped and when that didn’t happen she had said that he sucks.
So comes in picture, Swati, who also got missed calls from Sreya’s cell. Knowing for a reason that her room-mate perpetually has no balance in her cell, she assumed that I was using Sreya’s cell like always and it was me who was was giving her missed calls. So instantly she sent a message saying “Yeah Gayu! Tell, what happened?”
Well, this was all that Karmanya needed: someone to fall into the trap, so that he gets a bakra to fool around with. So he replies, pretending to be me, telling her that I wanted to talk to her urgently about something very serious. When asked what the issue was, Karmanya came up with a wonderful story (guess thinking for stories for TV-production is doing the magic, elsewhere though) of me having a crush on somebody in the class and I had this sudden urge to spill out the beans, come what may. Swati, not believing a word (but believing it was me) thought I was in one of my crazy moods and was pulling up a prank on her or (for the worse) trying hard to be funny. Still, showing concern asked who the person possibly could be. Karmanya tags Gautam in the game. Swati tells this all to Pavi, also adding that I have lost my senses again to pointless humour. Pavi, again, having full faith in my freakish eccentricity, suggests that I would not have meant a word I had written and it was all some sad-joke (which as usual nobody gets).
But this is not where it ends. Right after the class, Karmanya gives Sreya her cell back* and goes over to Swati and asks in a serious, secretive tone if she had got any message from me. When he gets a puzzled nod from Swati, he continues saying that I had messaged him also and told him too that I had a thing for Gautam and since he was such a good friend of his, I wanted him to tell this to Gautam as soon as he gets a perfect chance for it. As an afterthought, he asks Swati, if I was serious about him and whether he should actually go and tell him that. Swati, considering all of it as a sad attempt of humour from my side tells Karmanya that this is what she thinks is going on and not to tell any of this to Gautam. But still she remains befuddled about why I would say such things and even mention this to Karmanya, which makes Karmanya successful in his endeavor.
Well, later she did get to know with a little enquiry here and there that it was Karmanya only, who had been messaging her from Sreya’s cell. I get to know about all of this only later in the evening while having dinner with them. Till then I was blissfully in my own world, with no knowledge that my love-life was being decided and discussed with people believing that I was the one who was talking about it. Someone has correctly said, Ignorance is a bliss. It surely is. But here, I loved the outlandish yet hilarious confusion my jobless classmates were in and nobody realized any of it.
And yes, there is one more point that needs to be noted. Both my room-mates regard two things to be true: my love-life is totally vapid with no chance of sparkle and that I can come with the most absurd, inane, senseless, asinine talks just for kicks and wouldn’t mind making a ridicule of myself for the sake of it. Well, I have only one thing to say about this: they totally know me MAN!!!!!

*Well, here is another funny parable in these series. When Karmanya gave Sreya back her cell, she noticed that she had around 5missed calls from Arkapol who was frantically trying to contact her. It so happened that Arkapol who was supposed to leave Rourkee today in order to come to Manipal for diwali was in a problem. Problem was that the ticket Sreya had booked for him had an error: the gender of Arkapol was referred to as a female, which “HE” is not (HAHAHAHAH!! Found this to be hilarious). Apparently he had his share of struggle with the TT and the problem was resolved after Sreya, who initially cluessless about what to do, went and asked Ruhi’s room-mate for help and luckily her neighbor’s friend’s dad was in railway department and sorted things out. (Ruhi’s roommate’s neighbor’s friend’s dad called Arkapol from the Rashtrapati Bhawan!!!! Big contacts, I say. Now you know whom to contact, in case of troubles!!!!)

No comments: