Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the story of a monster!! ---- one of my first written poems!!

I was seeing my scrap-book I had made years ago, sometime when I was eight or ten. I read a poem which I had made at that age which I found very amusing and funny. It was about a monster who had eaten a dove, which was apparently the love of the hero. It was very funny and cute and quite remarkable for a little kid to have written (there is no harm in praising yourself sometimes). I think I had made it when I was in 3rd or 4th standard, hardly 10years old. Here is the poem:-

I was once watching a horror-picture,

And then came a terrible creature,

It had one eye and one leg,

And was eating a blue egg.

He was also mad and crazy,

He even was very lazy.

He was very very dirty,

And that made me angry. (wondering now how angry ever rhymed with dirty?!?!)

There was a dove (abrupt change in story)

Who was hero’s love,

The villain catched the dove (it has to be assumed that the creature mentioned above was the villain)

And put it in a stove.

The dove died.

And the hero cried (no idea how the hero came to know about it)

The hero entered the monster’s house,

But there, he could only see a mouse (why a sudden reference to a mouse?!?!)

The hero went further inside,

The monster was sitting there, an empty plate beside (an empty plate refers to the dove been eaten)

The hero went towards the monster to kill him,

But he was late, the monster had seen him.

And quickly jumped and attacked him. (no rhyming line for this :-( )

The hero was going to die,

So I closed my eyes,

But when at last I opened my eyes,

Thinking that seeing the end I will cry.

I saw the hero was leading (leading seems quite out of place here)
as the monster stay still, bleeding.

I was smiling and was filled with joy!

All I can say is that the hero was a brave boy!

2 comments:

Kush said...

damn cute!:D

Rajeshwari said...

superb yaar.........typical bollywood stuff..........actually..is it a satire...........ms"born poet"