Wednesday, April 30, 2008

umm... the four letter word!!

Ahh… Long time since I updated my blog. I still haven’t thought what to write about and don’t have much time to mull over it! Still, because my blog has not been updated since long, here is a meaningless post!!
Ohhk.. So once again I will start blabbering about my favourite topic… ahh… LOVE. Guess I simply love LOVE. Anyways, there are some things about it which annoys me a lot. Well let me begin with the most commonly linked line about love.
“When you fall in love, there is no reason behind it. You can’t help it. You don’t know why you love that person!”
Ahem ahem!!! Well!!! That is way too dramatic and illogical to me. If you fall in love so helplessly then you should be in love with half the world! If there is no reason at all for being in love with someone, then that person is no more special than the rest of the world. There was nothing that made you shortlist him/her from others and make him/her truly the one for you. And anyways, there has to be a certain criteria to love someone. You cannot simply love any stranger that comes into your view as soon as you decide to love someone. That is like excess flow of unnecessary love.
In my opinion, a mind should and has to precede over so that your heart can truly love someone. If it happens the other way round that is first you love with your heart and then analyze the negative aspects, the relationship will not be perfect, will it?
For me, my search begins (no no no, I am not desperate to search for love) with a fixed mindset of what to look for and what to be watchful about. He has to fulfil all the requirements for being my special someone and let me clear, the list is not small or simple. It is very complicated. If he is not everything I wish for, then he is like the rest of the world and not someone special.
According to me everybody falls in love for a reason. Everyone falls in love with beauty. And beauty of any kind. Some love the physical beauty(looks, hair, eyes, smile- well smile can be just more than physical attraction), some for the beauty of mind( maturity, deep thoughts, ambitions), some for beauty of character( simplicity, optimism, determination…) and some for beauty of compatibility( the comfort level, friendship they share and similarity between them)

The very next quite linked with love is that "you can fall in love only once in your life. True love happens just once!"
Again, I am sorry but I disagree. First of all, why make love sound so complicated. It is just a feeling. And just like other feelings (you can be angry on more than one person for the same reason or other reasons, be concerned about more than one person, be sad about more than one reason) why not love more than one person. Don’t make love so difficult and inflexible with superfluous rules. I mean in this hugely populated world, obviously more than one person can fulfil your criteria of special someone. And there simply cant be only one for you out there. If that would have been the case, many would have failed to find them and truly recognise them. The world would have been filled with singles and definitely not this crowded as it is now. Human species would have long been extinct! There has to be a lot of compromises everywhere. If you fail to get the first person you liked/loved, you look for other and keep looking until you find mutual love towards each other. And believe me; it is not at all difficult. It is just how much resistance you put from inside to forget the previous love. It is just a matter of accepting truth and moving forward.
Next point. People usually are very scared of expressing their feelings to the person they love. And this line is quite famous that you should never be afraid of expressing love because they might reject you and you might lose them but there is still a possibility of them loving you. And if you don’t put across your feelings you are still losing them.
Well I agree to all of it but I can still understand the tension and all the fuss about not expressing. “Having none is still a little better than losing one.” You can still love the person without having to feel guilty about it if the rejection is not made public and is known only to you. That allows you to keep loving all your crushes, though not with the same compassion as it used to be earlier. For some, the feeling might fade away and for some it will be strong. But once you have faced rejection, you are somehow forced not to love that person anymore. That is the reason why I can happily discuss all my previous crushes so easily without any guilt factor to voice me down. I am as excited talking about my first crush as I am talking about my last crush. Hehehe… this was quite pointless, but anyways, everything in my blog is meaningless.
And now something that does not annoy me. This point is just for fun! People say love makes you blind!!! Hehehe… not necessarily. Well, on the contrary love makes you notice more things about the person you wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. Being interested in that person, you also get interested in knowing what he likes, what he dislikes, what he wears, how he smiles, his features and every single unnoticeable thing also. Then in which aspect does it blind you???? Hehehe!!!

No comments: