Thursday, May 8, 2008

hmm... hmm.... read on to know what it is about...

Umm.. I wanted to write about this since ages now, but was always unsure to voice out my opinions. People might consider me a naïve person knowing nothing and would not appreciate my comments. But come on, who is asking anybody to publish it in a magazine or praise me for my opinions. It’s my blog, I can write whatever I want to. So here is a very negative opinion about feminism and if you don’t like my view let me know (but only with a strong answer, pleeeeaaasssee)
Ohhhk… so the world is filled with staunch feminists protesting for female rights. Even I would have considered myself as one if I wouldn’t have been introduced to the flood of strong feminists in Manipal. I reconsidered my position and realised that I am nowhere close to being one.
And then after realising it, I started disliking the whole concept of it. I mean, stop cribbing. For me it is purely pessimism. How much of a gender bias have my female colleagues faced to voice it out so strongly? Excuse me, if you come up with absurd points such as the words used to describe females in some idiotic song, then I wont be able to tolerate it. If that is what is repulsive to you, come to think of it, males aren’t even praised in any Indian songs. Indian songs are always singing high about the looks of females. Well, you should be happy about it!! It should be the men who should be complaining that their looks are always ignored.
Secondly, some raise their irritating voices in the middle of an interesting history class wherein the professor would be telling us about how females were looked down in the past. And then, interrupting in between, spoiling the entire mood will come pointless whines about this not being fair. Hello!!! Wake up! It might not be fair, but that won’t change the history. It is a fact, better accept it as one. You can’t shout out to change the history. Be practical and take it in a good studying spirit (if at all there is one such thing).
Then there are some who will be cribbing about gender inequality in some corner of the world. Don’t want to argue with them, really! First of all, how concerned are they about other concerning issues? How much do they care about the starving kid near their house to show concern to a greater number just for the reason that you share a common link of the same gender? Ohhk… that was not the argument. That was quite stupid on my side. Ok, a little more logical point. Firstly, none of your shouting here will help them in anyway. People amongst whom you are shouting are already well aware of the situation. Try of a better way of helping them and actually making a difference.
Hmm.. and if at all there was discrimination of any kind, consider it as a harm done to the whole of human kind and just not a specific gender. If something wrong was done, try not labelling a specific gender against the other one. Treat it as a crime of a bad person against a good one. And leave it just to an individual level and not drag the whole gender into it. That is like playing with one’s identity as a representative of that gender.
And yes, who says there are no rape cases anywhere. I am not ignorant. But that is clearly because males possess more power than females and (lets not go into details) are capable of doing it. I suppose, if females were capable of doing it (and I think they can, I read somebody saying that) then they would have done it and then there would have been rape cases of men too. I know it is very wrong and cannot be justified, but you cannot blame the whole group because of it. Whoever does it, fight them, for what they did was wrong. But again fight for the cause and not for the people/gender involved. Fight because what happened with the other person was not right. It should be a fight for the innocent against the guilty and not the whole gender of the one who is guilty.
It is something like God gave birds the ability to fly and not humans. So birds fly and one out of ten drops their shit on us. Of course, we should not tolerate such things but that doesn’t mean we should kill all the birds or cage them or load them with accusations and make some humanist movement against birds just because they can stay (fly) higher than us. Yes, we can definitely make some laws, which the government has already done. So still if the birds drop their shit on us, then the whole community of birds shouldn’t be blamed, because they cant cut down their wings for others. Instead punish only the one who dropped the shit for his wrong doing and better not accuse the whole community. I know, I make no sense but I am trying very hard to make others understand something which is absurd in many ways.
And then again, some shout out that women are not treated well in the society. Whoa whoa whoa!!! Maybe they are blind, insensitive and have a poor nervous system. Females are over-privileged. Everywhere it is the men who are subjected to ill treatment because they are considered to be strong enough to bear the pain. The entire ladies quota, special reservation for ladies everywhere are some of the examples. How can one even say that we are ill-treated. That is too greedy a statement. Just because you get a simpler way through this, you keep on demanding more!!! Heights!!!!
And lastly my views on a ridiculous statement. On Women’s Day, one extreme feminist was back in action. Her view was that Women’s Day makes no sense. (For once I thought that she finally made some sense, ofcourse Women´s day makes no sense. Why do we need a special day. We are just the same as men. Why treat us better than them??) but no.. I was quite wrong. Ofcourse she used the same words but in a very different way as if again protesting for gender rights. I was taken aback. This was the limit. On one hand, she fights, she shouts and does everything possible for the so-called female betterment and when people acknowledge such so-called efforts from others and give us a special day to celebrate she is still not happy. All we asked for was equality! Why just give us one day out of the 365 days as if it was a charity. My god!!! People misunderstand genuine intentions also. Its definitely not charity!! It is respect. And there is a difference between respect and pity. (By the way, we don’t even need the additional respect we are getting). And it is not that the rest of the 364days are dedicated to men and men rule over us. Those 364days are days of equality, where men and women are considered one and you have been given one additional day just to celebrate who you are. If that is the case, then you should fight against friendship’s day, Valentine’s Day (light topics) and also Independence Day and republic day. Does that mean our Independence is a result of pity? And that 364 days we are considered as slaves and only once a year independent? Well… now that independence and dependence are getting better hold of me (which are my favourite topics) I should better stop. Or else, I really don’t know how long this post will get!!
Till then… Byee…. Be happy being what you are!!! And let others also be happy being what they are!!!!!!
Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Uma said...

hmmmmm.. hat came out quite strong..hehe..
- one point you forgot .. how some females want all the equality on one side, and on the other talk about men opening door for them or to wait for them to get into or out of the lift etc (all in the name of chivalry).. or demand for a ladies only queue, because the general is long... the list is endless..
But on the other hand, I feel that a lot of times, there is lack of respect for women.. which is what needs to be addressed... what about female infanticide (which one of urs poems talks about)...
Lots needs to be done.. by us, by the society and by the Government.. and i think qoutas (which is Indian Governments' solution to all prolems.. be it Womens quota or Quota for socially backward classes etc) is not the solution .. it will create further divide and issues..
(the comment, like the post got a little too long..heheh)

Uma said...

Also, dunno if I shoudl be saying it.. but take a re-look at how you have presented your thoughts.. I am sure you will want to put what you have said in a better fashion..:)